pecl/memcached turns 1

» 07 July 2009 » In PHP »

This morning I released the first stable version (1.0.0) of the PHP memcached extension that I started soon after joining Digg. It’s been stable for a while actually, but some people were hesitant to use it in production while it still had the beta designation. Well, no more, go forth and use it.

As the underlying libmemcached library evolves, I plan to keep adding and exposing more features in the extension. Up next are probably memcached_dump() and server auto-ejection support.

2 Tweets

Paul Gao
    07/07/2009 at 6:18 pm Permalink
    cblin
    08/07/2009 at 1:27 am Permalink

What are the differences with memcache extension (http://pecl.php.net/package/memcache) ?

I do not ask this in an agressive way, I’d just like to know how to choose one or the other.

Diego Sana
    08/07/2009 at 4:57 am Permalink

Great Andrei, i was just waiting for a stable version to begun using it in production. Amazing work, thanks for sharing.

mostofreddy
    10/07/2009 at 9:47 am Permalink

Muy buena noticia =)

Jamal Pemble
    14/10/2014 at 8:02 am Permalink

Hi there, You have done a great job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this site.

Alwin
    14/10/2014 at 9:16 am Permalink

I have contrary thoughts on this, anyway many thanks for this article, worth reading it.the time

7. That insight’s perfect for what I need. Thanks!

8. Which came first, the problem or the solution? Luckily it doesn’t matter.

planetphp
    07/07/2009 at 4:47 pm Permalink

pecl/memcached turns 1 – Andrei Zmievski: This morning I released the first stable version (1.0.0) of the PHP me.. http://tinyurl.com/m6es7k

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

planetphp
    07/07/2009 at 4:47 pm Permalink

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Trackbacks

1. [...] Zmievski has announced the release of the first stable version (1.0.0) of the memcached extension for PHP.…

2. Memcached 1.0 estable « 3wstudio 10/07/2009 at 9:59 am

[...] travez del blog de Andrei Zmievski me entero que memcached lanzo su version 1.0 estable. Muy buena noticia para…